Monday, July 6, 2009

Tom Ford Movie


Ok, so do you remember way back in 2004 when Tom Ford left Gucci, he mentioned he wanted to make movies...well it seems his directorial debut A Single Man is nearing release. Ford also wrote the screenplay for the film based on the 1964 novel by Christopher Isherwood. I really can't wait to see this movie!! Though the official release date isn't available, it is listed as 2009. At the very least, it will be a beautiful movie to watch. Honestly, sometimes that is enough for me (what can I say...I like beautiful things). He was trained in interior design and used his discerning eye to put Gucci back on the fashion map. I am sure he will apply the same magic to the film industry. I know I sure love my Tom Ford sunglasses.

I found this description of the movie online:

Torn apart by the shattering impact of the death of his longtime lover, college professor George Falconer (Colin Firth) experiences the most transformative day of his life, blending past and present, desire and despair, and discovering that love persists even after the object of love is gone.

Set in a sun-drenched 1960s California coastal canyon, featuring revealing performances by Julianne Moore and Matthew Goode, A SINGLE MAN marks the breakthrough directorial debut of internationally influential American fashion icon Tom Ford. Targeting indelible images of love, loss and rebirth, the film is a personal testament, filled with deep emotional resonance.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... with all of his work on fragrances and sunglasses, I thought he had all but abandonded his quest to be a director. And Julianne Moore is in it? I'll bet this movie is going to be excellent!

    ReplyDelete