Saturday, July 4, 2009

Please Don't: Boyfriend Overload



(from top)
1. the successful pairing of the boyfriend blazer with a slim leg
2. the boyfriend jean paired successfully with (a) a slim tank and (b) a shrunken blazer
3. a collage of dos and don'ts

It's sad but true: sometimes bad trends happen to good people. Sometimes a girl loves a trend so much, she doesn't know when to say when. I have been seeing the slightly disturbing practice of mixing all of the boyfriend trends into a single sloppy look. So far, I have not been bold and/or mean enough to take pics of strangers to post here. But my eyes were burning on a recent outing to the 'burbs. I can't help but think that some people have embraced this trend as a way to excuse their fashion laziness. How easy is it to wear your boyfriend tee...with your boyfriend jeans...with your boyfriend blazer? I'm sure it is comfortable, but um, how do i say this, it's not your best look.

So, Please Do: only wear one boyfriend look at a time.

1 comment: